GOALS adult Patagonia experience
THE ADVENTURE OF A LIFETIME - MARCH 11 - 19, 2019
So you want to go experience the magic of Patagonia's Rio Futaleufu with GOALS? We'd be honored to guide you to this paradise - a place revered by adventurous river runners in the same way that Everest and K2 are regarded by climbers - and yet it remains feeling very untouched and under-discovered. This is a unique place whose magic and mystery reveals itself around every bend on the river, along each turn on the gravel road that leads throughout the glaciated valley, and in every crystal clear creek your horse crosses as the smell of sheepskins on saddles fill the fresh Patagonian air.
There's no doubt that this place is very unique. One week here will shape your soul - leaving you longing to return and share it with others. The GOALS international youth Futaleufu expedition is the highlight of our annual program calendar - and in the spring of 2019 we're making it available to a very select group of adults.
Those who for the 2019 Chile adult expedition team will receive the personal benefit of this incredible vacation, while also paying it forward through their generosity by contributing to the GOALS financial assistance fund. We have 8 spaces available, and anticipate that they'll sell for somewhere between $5,000 - $8000 each. One benefit to the bidder is that anything spent over $3,800 - the value of this experience through our partnering outfitter - is tax deductible. When else can you spend $6,000 on a vacation and write off over half of it?
This is a fantastic opportunity to strengthen your connection to GOALS and to self on an adventure of a lifetime in an area whose recreational resources and stunning landscapes simply can't be preserved forever. Do whatever you can to join this journey to South America and experience the Fu as it is meant to be explored - before the damming threat re-emerges; before pavement reaches the region; before you look back and wish you had.
Our objectives on this unique GOALS adult expedition include:
- sharing an awe-inspiring part of the world with our community of supporters who wouldn't otherwise get to experience a traditional GOALS river expedition - strengthening existing connections, and creating new ones.
- raising money that will be used to make our youth programs more available to children and families who could not otherwise afford them in 2019 and beyond by increasing the size of our financial assistance fund.
INVESTMENT & BASIC ITINERARY
The minimum required investment for this expedition is $4,000 USD per person.
Eight slots are available, and will be awarded to the eight highest bidders in a silent auction that is open now, and will end at 10pm on August 18th during the Jenner Fox house concert for the GOALS family.
THIS INVESTMENT PROVIDES YOU:
- ground transportation from the airport at Puerto Montt to the scenic town of Puerto Varas in the Lakes District of south-central Chile. A meet-and-greet with famous Chilean pisco sour cocktails followed by a group dinner and comfortable accommodations make the travel required to get there a distant memory.
- a short scenic flight to Chaiten the following morning, followed by a drive through temperate rain forest, passing by waterfalls and under hanging glaciers atop jagged granite peaks. We'll pause for a hike and picnic lunch in Pumalin National Park, then arrive at our base camp on the banks of the Futaleufu early afternoon for camp orientation, hot tub, swim, and welcome happy hour.
- Refreshing mornings of self-care through yoga on the inspirational deck overlooking the river after enjoying a made-to-order espresso drink and before a nutritious breakfast of fresh fruit smoothies, home made breads, etc.
- Exciting and personalized days of choose-your-own-adventure activities, from rafting different sections of the famous blue-green Rio Futaleufu to hiking, mountain biking, fly-fishing, kayaking in hard shell or inflatable kayaks, horseback riding, or just relaxing in camp with no schedule whatsoever.
- Inspiring afternoon discussions and activities guided by the Class III GOALS adult curriculum aimed at strengthening connections to peers, planet, and self.
- Social happy hours in the afternoon enjoying a glass of Chilean wine, "Fu brew" beer that's brewed-on-site, and gourmet appetizers in the wood-fired, riverside hot tub before cooling off with a leap off the rope swing into the river or an outdoor shower to get ready for another unique, culturally or geographically inspired dinner (we'll enjoy "Chilean night, Argentinian night, Indian night, Italian night", etc. based on the home countries of our international guide team- and even a traditional Chilean asado BBQ on our final night, complete with local wine tasting.)
- Rejuvenating nights sleeping to the sounds of the river in your comfortable safari-style tent bungalows featuring comfortable beds, soft linens, and fluffy comforters - as well as robes and towels.
- Guidance from local experts, whose knowledge of the area, relationships with locals, and river navigating skills are truly world-class. The caliber of care you are under is second to none.
- Memories and mental images that you'll have a hard time describing to anyone whose hasn't experienced the Futaleufu for them self.
THIS INVESTMENT PROVIDES GOALS:
- an opportunity to share the most incredible river we've ever experienced with the people we're most excited to present it to.
- Money dedicated entirely toward the expansion of our financial assistance available for GOALS youth programs, making multi-day wilderness river expeditions available to every interested child.
NOT INCLUDED IN EXPEDITION COST:
- Airfare to/from Puerto Montt, Chile.
- Massage services at camp - available for $1/minute.
- Guide gratuity.
Need some more eye candy to tempt you?
Enjoy more images from the Futaleufu - as well as a video from our most recent youth expedition (featuring Jenner singing in the background) HERE.
If you'd like to purchase a ticket to Jenner's house concert for the GOALS family, where our silent auction for the adult Futaleufu expedition will conclude and the winners will be announced, you can do so here or on the event page - which contains more information and can be accessed HERE.